Mountainous

Home Forums Photo Critique Mountainous

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan Madaris 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

This is a photo I took several months ago while in the Blue Ridge mountains of north-eastern Georgia. Any thoughts?

Nikon D7000
    1/320
    f/7.1
    ISO 100
    46mm

Attachments:

Josiah Waldner
    Participant

I assume it is unedited? I think it could use a little more foreground. When I look at it, my eye is drawn to the strip of road in the middle. Somehow, it doesn’t feel right. I played around with it a bit but didn’t help it much.

Attachments:

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@josiahw, it actually is edited slightly. I enhanced the contrast a bit and raised the clarity. I do see what you mean by the road being in the middle. I probably should have put the road to the right of the frame. Thanks for the insight!

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Spectacular view! And great shot of the view. My eye is led from one element to the other in the photo, trees in foreground, mountain range to mountain range, to clouds. And I actually think the road helps lead your eye through the picture. I think you did a great job capturing the feeling of awe one would have standing there in person.

I definitely think the contrast could be increased even more from your original picture to make it “pop” better. I like @josiahw‘s edit as far as that goes, but it feels almost…. too, blue? and pasty to me. Perhaps too much contrast.

I would maybe try warming the photo up as well.

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@bennett-family, thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest