September 24, 2018 at 3:21 pm #33740
• Purpose: Someone by the name of Elizabeth needs a photo for a gospel tract that she is publishing.
• Request: A photo of “a place to sit for devotions” in a beautiful, secluded location to illustrate Psalm 9:10, “And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.”
• Specifics: “A place to sit for devotions” could be a park bench, a seating area along a trail, a table with chairs in a garden, a picturesque log or stump that’s obviously intended for seating, etc. Feel free to be creative! Include picturesque surroundings, the bench being the obvious main subject, but not filling much of the frame. Go for warm, inviting tones, preferably during the morning golden hour. Think shafts of light shining through mist coming off a lake or river in the morning! Do not include people.
• Orientation: Horizontal. Will be cropped down even more to a widescreen format!
• Photo Specs: Shoot as high quality as possible, as it will be printed! RAW, preferably, or Large JPG. Edit however you like.
• How to Submit:
1) Upload original files to this link.
2) Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic if you would like them to be critiqued.
• Remuneration: Anyone in “The Click” is eligible to receive $10 per chosen submission!
• Terms: Chosen submissions will be used exclusively for this project and for nothing else. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, October 6, 2018 (or until this topic is closed).
3 Elements of a Great Picture – I think this lesson in the Foundations Course relates well to shooting this assignment since it’s more of an environmental, landscape request than a request for a single object. It’s available to those in “The Click“.
Photos submitted for this assignment will be critiqued in October’s live Photo Critique Webinar.
Enjoy doing some devotions at those picturesque, morning-devotions locations while you’re at it! 🙂
September 24, 2018 at 3:29 pm #33742
- This topic was modified 7 months ago by James Staddon.
I have these two pictures, but the bench is too big/prominent in both of them. I’m going to have to find a bench that is further away, and more part of the scenery, but they do have the warm, early morning tones that I’m looking for, even though it’s not sun streaming throuh mist by a lake. 🙂
September 25, 2018 at 2:31 pm #33752
- This reply was modified 7 months ago by James Staddon.
@jamesstaddon, is the text of the verse going to be actually on the picture?September 25, 2018 at 8:06 pm #33760
Yes!September 27, 2018 at 5:12 pm #33833
Ryan MadarisParticipantSeptember 27, 2018 at 6:03 pm #33836
That’s awesome! Now that you mention it, I suppose I actually have! 🙂October 6, 2018 at 9:46 am #33988
Here are my submissions. The weather was rainy and cloudy all week but the sun finally peeked out yesterday and I was able to get some pictures! @jamesstaddon, just so you know I didn’t crop any of the pictures; I figured that would give you more flexibility.
Some of a bench…October 6, 2018 at 9:50 am #33991October 6, 2018 at 9:53 am #33996October 8, 2018 at 7:13 pm #34029
These are so great! You really nailed it on “picnic-table-4” with the light. Do you remember how you got the light to be hazy like that?
Super creative with the devotions spot setup. 🙂 Will show these to Elizabeth and really hope she chooses at least one! I’ll know sometime in November.
Will talk more about the photos on tomorrows critique webinar: https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-oct-9/
October 10, 2018 at 9:16 pm #34122
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by James Staddon.
And here’s the webinar replay! https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar100918/November 14, 2018 at 3:51 pm #34917
The topic ‘Picturesque Place For Devotions (ends October 6)’ is closed to new replies.