Snow Covered Landscape (ends January 12)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments Snow Covered Landscape (ends January 12)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lydia Bennett 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

I don’t think I’ll be on the webinar tonight, but hopefully you can make one of them work!

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Never mind. I will be there.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I’m so glad you were able to make it to the webinar, @elianafranzenburg!

It was so neat to see how one of your pictures (once edited) worked well for the assignment in combination with @dan-cope‘s. I’ve attached the merge here for everyone else to see it. Sooooo wish it I had done the merge ONE day earlier….I talked to Esther and she said she most likely would have used our merge if they hadn’t already purchased a different photo yesterday. 🙁 Oh well, such is the life of an assignment photographer!

And by the way, here’s the replay of the entire webinar where all the photos from this assignment were critiqued, in case anyone missed it: https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar011519/

Attachments:

Esther

Thank you all so much for contributing pictures!

I would much prefer to use your work than pictures off some stock site, however, I also need approval from the editing team and sometimes we do lean toward choosing other pictures that we find. Real world competition, right? Though I must say that if I’d seen the edited version of @elianafranzenburg‘s photo a day or two earlier, I would have chosen it for publication. Beautiful work! I’ll try to more specifically describe what we are looking for at the beginning of assignments in the future.

It is a blessing to work with you all, and I look forward to the next time!

Gratefully,
    Esther

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be able to contribute, @estherstaddon! 🙂

I know how hard it can be to know exactly what you are looking for when you’re putting something together like you all are, so although it’s unfortunate that we aren’t able to help you every time, it gives us as photographers real-world experience with even the process of helping our “client” when they don’t know exactly what they’re looking for, and aiding them in figuring that out! 🙂

Thanks again, Esther!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest