Sparkler fun

Home Forums Photo Critique Sparkler fun

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kenneth Ebo 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kenneth Ebo
    Participant

Hi this is my first photo submission. I am new to photography. This is a picture I took on July 4th on a 30 second exposure with my sister running with a sparkler.

Canon EOS Rebel T6
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II

Kenneth Ebo
    Participant

Hi this is my first photo submission. I am new to photography. This is a picture I took on July 4th on a 30 second exposure with my sister running with a sparkler.
    Canon EOS Rebel T6
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II

Attachments:

Kenneth Ebo
    Participant

oops Sorry First file was to big

Logan Lamar
    Participant

Hi @k3t6!
    Welcome to lenspiration and the wide world of photography!

Your photo is impressive to somebody new to the hobby. It looks like you know how to lock open your shutter for a while (which is the first thing most people wonder about when taking a photo like this), and you used a tripod or something sturdy to hold your camera (which is the second thing most people—like me at first—miss) so you’ve got the specific technique down!

The one thing I’d suggest about this photo is doing something more interesting with the sparkler. Maybe writing a name, or a date, or even shooting it a little earlier in the day and incorporating it into a portrait of some sort (I’ve seen it done with a wedding couple before!).

Good luck, and happy shooting!

—Logan
    @loganlamar

Kenneth Ebo
    Participant

Thank you Logan for what you said. I did use a tripod ,my camera’s shutter speed goes down to 30s and then Bulb.I tried some stuff in Bulb but it didn’t turn out.My sister did do a heart, her name and a fountain and they turned out but I’m not very good at getting pictures from iCloud to here on Lenspiration, I don’t really know how to size them to fit here. so I did’t post them.Im sorry for all the words
    thank you again

Kenneth

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Kenneth Ebo.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

What a fun photo, @k3t6! It has a real celebratory feel to it, with all the curved lines intertwining with each other making it fun to look at. It’s not clear what the subject is, but that can be ok in pattern photos. The pattern itself is the subject. I do like the bright area where the light painting begins, as it helps the eye have a place to start and then return once it’s finished exploring the rest of the photo. I’m glad it’s in sharp focus, which is easily overlooked or difficult to accomplish in photos taken after dark. If I were shooting this, I would have tried many different shots like you said you did, and maybe go for something a little more clean or intentional. I would love to see your other shots!

getting pictures from iCloud to here on Lenspiration, I don’t really know how to size them to fit here.

Anyone on Mac know of a good way to do this?!

Kenneth Ebo
    Participant

Thank you, James. My dad gets home from a business trip later today and he might be able to help me post them. It would also be great if anybody knows how to size them to fit here. Thank you so much!

Kenneth

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Kenneth Ebo.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest