Stained

Home Forums Photo Critique Stained

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Glick 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ben Glick
    Participant

I enjoyed taking this photo, I found myself constantly wondering what the perfect photo was and how to capture all the details, but no matter what I couldn’t get the camera and myself to line into focus with my expectations, so I decided instead of adding details, why don’t I remove all of them, and just focus on one? The product behind the method turned out to be very rewarding.

Attachments:

Ben Glick
    Participant

I have to apologize I will add in specs for the photo in a little bit, this photo required very different settings than what I already had, but they should be posted very shortly.

Joseph Camuso
    Participant

@ryanben2, Wow! I really love this photo! The stunning colors in the background work great with the “cold” blue of the cup and foreground elements.

However, I almost feel like the cup is gonna slid away because of the slight angle of the shot. 😀 Is there a reason you shot it like that?

Ben Glick
    Participant

Haha, Thanks I appreciate your feedback, yes I did originally take the photo upright and then turned the photo .17 degrees to the left to try and add an effect that changed the whole photo, I have the original photo before most of the editing, and after a lot of time looking and changing it, I just found that I had a better contrast between the water and the cup with a line of sun showing, than almost a flat look. Hope that helps your question. Thanks for the feedback, I will be sure to remember that for my next photo shoot! @JosephCamuso

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest