Tulip in the Dew

Home Forums Photo Critique Tulip in the Dew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Frazer Family
    Participant

I was trying to get a good shot of the sparkling dew on these tulips, but the sun stayed behind a light cloud cover until the dew dried up. What could I have done to improve these shots? Any advice is appreciated.

Photo #1:
    Aperture: f/5.6
    Speed: 1/160 sec.
    ISO: 200
    Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
    Lens: 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6
    Focal length: 250.0
    Photo #2:
    (Happens to be the same as #1.)

Attachments:
    blessings captured
    Participant

I like the second one the best.
    In the first one, I don’t like all the out of focus foreground . I seems too distracting and almost a mistake.

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

I agree with @blessingscaptured… it would be better if more of the subject (if not all) was in focus.
    What you did with the 2nd photo seems better, cropping it so it eliminates distracting elements. But even still, it’s not all in focus. Plus, now it’s zoomed in so much that it’s hard to tell what that red thing is! If I didn’t know, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t know… is it an apple? a flower? some plastic object? But I don’t know how important it is to you if someone can tell that it’s a tulip; it depends on what the purpose of the picture is. 🙂

But beyond all that, I would be remiss if I didn’t say I absolutely love those dew droplets, and their clarity!! They are just amazing – isn’t it awesome how the Lord has made even something as common and simple as water to be something of great beauty, often only noticed when you take time to appreciate it!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I love how this “refreshing” theme is on everyone’s minds. 🙂

I read recently, “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.” Acts 3:19.

Your second shot (the more vertical one) is AMAZING! Sharp, colorful, purposeful, elegant, interesting. My one comment would be, perhaps you could move a millimeter or two to the left or right to get a more vibrant green in the background instead of the duller, brownish green?

Frazer Family
    Participant

When I came to look at these again, I agree with Lydia Bennett and blessingscaptured about the focus. It would have been better to close my aperature more. Thanks for the input.
    jamesstaddon, your idea about the compositional/colour correction is a good one. Thanks for pointing that out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest