October 11, 2019 at 4:38 pm #45545
• Purpose: Sharpening Character is putting together their November VersePic and need a background photo!
• Request: A photo that can be used well as a background for the verse Philippians 4:6, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
• Special Instructions: This assignment is just for fun! Come up with whatever you want, and let us know why you think your photo illustrates the verse! It doesn’t necessarily need to have a Thanksgiving theme or feel.
• How to Submit:
1) Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic (especially if you would like them to be critiqued).
2) Upload originals or DNGs to this link.
• Remuneration: $5 will be given to the Lenspiration Member whose photo is chosen.
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• More Details: Want to have a higher chance that your photo will be chosen? Read this VersePic FAQ!
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, October 19, 2019 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
Sign up to watch the critique of the photos submitted for this assignment at Photo Critique Webinar #46 (November 12)!October 11, 2019 at 11:17 pm #45566Blossom KariappaParticipant
The glory of the sun is akin to the SON of God. Who says to us to be careful for nothing ! 🙂 And keep in touch with him via channel of prayer and supplication/s.October 11, 2019 at 11:20 pm #45568Blossom KariappaParticipant
My message got posted with out the picture, here it is. 🙂October 14, 2019 at 6:08 pm #45659October 15, 2019 at 10:12 pm #45717Benjamin HolmesModerator
Interestingly enough, I saw @b-kariappa’s photo before it disappeared. Not sure quite what’s going on with that.
In any case, that’s a really cool photo, Blossom! Sunsets are pretty epic and are frequently used to represent God. Because of that, though, I think I’d like to steer away from the subject of sunsets for this Shoot to Serve assignment. I don’t know that sunsets communicate what I’m looking for.October 17, 2019 at 6:27 pm #45750
If we submit RAW files to Benjamin’s Dropbox link, will they be critiqued on the webinar?October 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm #45766blessings capturedParticipant
I thought these pumpkins went with Thanksgiving and fall.
October 18, 2019 at 6:02 pm #45772Benjamin HolmesModerator
- This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by blessings captured.
Those are some great shots of pumpkins! I really like the last two.
I’d have to take a closer look, but they don’t seem to work really well as a phone wallpaper, which is what the VersePics are all about. It’s really difficult to find photos that look great in both 4:3 and 1:2, so don’t feel bad about that!
Again, the photos themselves are awesome! Keep up the good work!October 18, 2019 at 9:16 pm #45774Esther MParticipantOctober 19, 2019 at 3:49 pm #45787Ernest LloydParticipant
Hey, here’s my try at this assignment.
As @esther said,
When I think of mountains, I think of God’s might and power.
Same is true with me!
It just feels so carefree when you’re up there on the mountain, above everything else, with the valley below. It just makes me want to give thanks to God, and “be careful for nothing, ” telling God what your request’s are, as Philippians 4:6 says!October 19, 2019 at 5:26 pm #45791
Here are some of our photos!
We were not able to export our RAW files from Apple Photos as RAW files, but only as JPEG, PNG, or TIFF. For this reason we are submitting our JPEGs to the forum. I hope they work (we would be happy to share our RAW files if someone knows how to share them from the Apple Photos setup.
Winter, spring, summer, and fall; God has promised that they will continue. God is in control, and He will provide for all our needs. He deserves all the thanks we can give Him!
As for the foggy morning picture, it feels calm and serene. “When God is with us, why should we worry about anything?”October 19, 2019 at 7:48 pm #45804October 19, 2019 at 8:07 pm #45807
That did’t work quite right so I’ll try again and add a few more photos.
These photos illustrate praying. We can ask for whatever we need from the creator and owner of everything through the avenue of prayer. Why should we be worried or “careful” for anything? Through reading the Bible and praying, we can grow in our relationship with God, and when we have that relationship with Him, it is possible to make our requests known with thanksgiving, no matter the circumstances.
October 20, 2019 at 6:38 pm #45846Esther MParticipantOctober 21, 2019 at 10:40 am #45865
- This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by A&E Mullet.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.