- This event has passed.
October 22, 2015 @ 9:00 am - October 24, 2015 @ 9:00 pm$349.00
- General Registration: $399/photographer
- Early Discount: First 4 individual photographers receive $50 off per photographer!
- Group Discount: Groups of 2 or more receive a total of $100 off per photographer!
- CAPTURE Alumni: Coupon available for an additional $50 off per photographer!
- Maximum attendance: 8
- Current spots available: 7
- 15 years or older
- Physical ability to be on your feet for many hours in a day
- “Beyond the basics” to intermediate skill level
- Personal DSLR camera, tripod, laptop computer, and image editing software
- Thursday: Start with brunch, classroom training during the day, visit a shooting destination for sunset
Focus of the day: How to shoot comfortably in Manual mode
- Friday: Visit a second shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and software training during the day, visit a third shooting destination for sunset.
Focus of the day: How to organize your pictures and keep them organized
- Saturday: Visit a fourth shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and critique during the day, visit a finale shooting destination for the afternoon and sunset.
Focus of the day: Learning to “see” and putting composition technique into practice
Exactly when we’ll shoot at what destinations is based on many factors unknown until the actual week of the workshop. However, potential locations could include the following:
- Transportation during the workshop is provided.
- Transportation to/from the workshop is not provided.
- Airport run to/from Kansas City International Airport available upon prearranged agreement.
Be considerate of the dates and times your flights are scheduled to arrive and depart. Wednesday and Sunday afternoons are the best times to schedule your flight. Please submit your requests for airport runs to Tom Lindsay at [email protected].
- There is limited room available for free on a first-come, first-served basis for Wednesday through Saturday nights.
Sleeping arrangements for guys and girls will be separated.
- Suggested donation: $25/night, collected at time of arrival.
Please contact Tom Lindsay at [email protected] to inquire about availability and submit a request.
- Wholesome, home-cooked meals will be provided for the majority of the workshop on a brunch schedule: a mid morning breakfast and a late afternoon dinner.
- Some meals may be taken at local restaurants near shooting destinations.
- Bring clothing for cool temperatures. Dress in layers.
- Average October temperatures in this part of Kansas are High 62, Low 39 and it may very well dip below freezing.
We will be out before sunrise each morning which is the coldest part of the day, so please dress accordingly.
- Bring stuff to keep you and your gear dry in the field in case it rains.
- Modest attire is always in style.
- All are welcome to attend the Lindsay’s church on Sunday morning.
- The CAPTURE Details page provides overall information regarding specific topics covered, generic schedule of each day, suggested items to bring, and more details on is and is not included with your tuition.