- This event has passed.
October 1, 2015 @ 9:00 am - October 3, 2015 @ 9:00 pm$399
- General Registration: $399/photographer
- Group Discount: Groups of 2 or more receive a total of $100 off per photographer!
- CAPTURE Alumni: Coupon available for an additional $50 off per photographer!
- Maximum attendance: 8
- Current spots available: FULL
- 15 years or older
- Physical ability to be walking or hiking for many hours in a day
- “Beyond the basics” to intermediate skill level
- Personal DSLR camera, tripod, laptop computer, and image editing software
- Thursday: Start with brunch, classroom training during the day, visit a shooting destination for sunset
Focus of the day: How to start shooting in Manual mode
- Friday: Visit a second shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and post-processing training during the day, visit a third shooting destination for sunset.
Focus of the day: How to organize your pictures and keep them organized
- Saturday: Visit a fourth shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and critique during the day, visit a finale shooting destination for the afternoon and sunset.
Focus of the day: Learning to “see” and putting composition technique into practice
Exactly when we’ll shoot at what destinations we’ll be shooting is based on many factors unknown until the actual week of the workshop. However, potential locations would include scenic locations within the Green Mountain National Forest (such as Chittenden Reservoir, the Great Cliffs of Mt. Horrid, and Rattlesnake Point) and local covered bridges, waterfalls, churches and historical buildings in scenic surroundings.
- All transportation during the workshop is provided.
- Transportation to/from the workshop is not provided.
- Airport runs to/from nearby airports (Burlington or Rutland) are available upon prearranged agreement.
Be considerate of the dates and times your flights are scheduled to arrive and depart. Wednesday and Sunday afternoons are the best times to schedule your flight. Please submit your requests for airport runs to Nathaniel Moore at [email protected]
- There is limited room available for free at the workshop location on a first-come, first-served basis for Wednesday through Saturday nights.
Sleeping arrangements for guys and girls will be separated.
- Suggested donation: $25/night, collected at time of arrival.
Please contact Nathaniel Moore at [email protected] to inquire about availability and submit a request.
- Wholesome, home-cooked meals will be provided for the majority of the workshop on a brunch schedule: a mid morning breakfast and a late afternoon dinner.
- Some meals may be taken at local restaurants near shooting destinations.
- Bring clothing for cold temperatures. Dress in layers.
- Average October temperatures in this part of the country are High 60, Low 30, most probably dipping below freezing.
We will be out before sunrise in the mornings which is the coldest part of the day, so please dress accordingly.
- Bring stuff to keep you and your gear dry in the field in case it rains.
- Modest attire is always in style.
- All are welcome to attend the Moore’s church on Sunday morning.
- The CAPTURE Details page provides overall information regarding specific topics covered, generic schedule of each day, suggested items to bring, and more details on what is and is not included with your tuition.