- This event has passed.
October 27, 2016 @ 9:00 am - October 29, 2016 @ 9:00 pm$399.00
- General Registration: $399/photographer
- Group Discount: Groups of 2 or more receive a total of $100 off per photographer!
- CAPTURE Alumni: Coupon available for an additional $50 off per photographer!
- Maximum attendance: 8
- Current spots available: 7
- 15 years or older
- Physical ability to be walking or hiking for several hours in a day
- “Beyond the basics” to intermediate skill level
- Personal DSLR camera, tripod, laptop computer with image editing software installed
- Thursday: Start with brunch, classroom training during the day, visit a shooting destination for sunset
Focus of the day: How to comfortably begin shooting in the Manual modes
- Friday: Visit a second shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and post-processing training during the day, visit a third shooting destination for sunset.
Focus of the day: How to organize your pictures and keep them organized
- Saturday: Visit a fourth shooting destination for sunrise, classroom and critique during the day, visit a finale shooting destination for the afternoon and sunset.
Focus of the day: Learning to “see” and putting composition technique into practice
Exactly when we’ll shoot at what destinations is based on many factors unknown until the actual week of the workshop. However, potential locations could include the following:
- All transportation during the workshop is provided.
- Transportation to/from the workshop is not provided.
- Airport runs to/from nearby airports (Lynchberg or Roanoke) are available upon prearranged agreement.
Be considerate of the dates and times your flights are scheduled to arrive and depart. Wednesday and Sunday afternoons are the best times to schedule your flight. Please submit your requests for airport runs to James Staddon at [email protected]
- Suggested airport run donation is $10/run
- For lodging on Wednesday through Saturday nights, there is room available at the Apple Valley Homestead where the workshop will be he held.
Sleeping arrangements for guys and girls will be separated.
- Estimated cost per night on location is $40/night, with payment collected at time of arrival.
Price is completely dependent on the final number of attendees.
- Wholesome, home-cooked meals will be provided for the majority of the workshop on a brunch schedule: a mid morning breakfast and a late afternoon dinner.
- Some meals may be taken at local restaurants near shooting destinations.
- Bring clothing for cold temperatures. Dress in layers.
- Average late October temperatures in this part of the country are High 60, Low 35.
We will be out before sunrise in the mornings which is the coldest part of the day, and will most likely drop below freezing.
- Bring stuff to keep you and your gear dry in the field in case it rains.
- Modest attire is always in style.
- The CAPTURE Details page provides overall information regarding specific topics covered, generic schedule of each day, suggested items to bring, and more details on what is and is not included with your tuition.
- We will visit a local church on Sunday morning for anyone who would like to come.
8 people are attending CAPTURE Virginia