February 15, 2019 at 12:02 pm #36687
• Purpose: Family Conferences is requesting a photo to backdrop a PowerPoint of the hymn, Now Thank We All Our God, that will be presented on the big screen at their annual Conferences!
• Request: A photo that illustrates the lyrics of the hymn in one way or another. Hands held in personal prayer or hands being held during prayer around a dinner table are tangible illustrations that come to my mind first.
• Specifics: The song has a reverent tune, so a picture with a reverent tone would be appropriate. The song is normally sung around Thanksgiving-time, so warm colors and a cozy atmosphere would be fitting.
• Orientation: Horizontal; photo will be cropped almost square.
• Photo Specs: Submit RAW, DNG or JPG files at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like.
• How to Submit:
1) Upload originals or DNGs to this link.
2) Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic if you would like them to be critiqued.
• Remuneration: Thanks to an anonymous donor, $25 will be awarded to Lenspiration Members if their photo is chosen!
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, March 9, 2019 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
Get related training and watch how I shot this assignment at http://www.lenspiration.com/learn-praying-hands
Sign up to watch the critique of the photos submitted for this assignment in March’s live Photo Critique Webinar! http://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-mar-12February 15, 2019 at 12:05 pm #36849February 19, 2019 at 2:57 pm #37190
Does it have to be a selfie?February 19, 2019 at 9:44 pm #37200
Nope! Just a picture of praying hands. I did a selfie just because I didn’t find anyone to help me.February 21, 2019 at 6:34 pm #37230February 21, 2019 at 8:04 pm #37231
Eliana FranzenburgParticipantFebruary 28, 2019 at 1:13 am #37388
Looking forward to shooting this assignment! Just a couple of quick questions, @jamesstaddon.
Would they prefer a cozy, indoor feel? Or can it be a summery, outdoor feel?
Does there need to be a section with blank space and if so where? Or can the subject fill the frame as long as it isn’t too busy?
Can it include a persons head/body or just the hands?February 28, 2019 at 3:35 pm #37418
I don’t think indoor or outdoor matters! As long as the attention is on the concept of “thankfulness”.
I would err on the side of having lots of blank space and keeping the center clear. My pictures are too much in the center, I feel.
Yes, head/body is fine to include! I don’t think including eyes would be good, as it would draw too much attention away from the text.February 28, 2019 at 6:33 pm #37419
Ok. Thanks, @jamesstaddon!
So, maybe putting the subject in either the left or right third and having the rest blank/blurred?March 4, 2019 at 11:13 am #37542
Yes, that’s great! I thought that was your submission at first. 🙂March 9, 2019 at 1:44 pm #37636
Here are my submissions!
It turned out that the first chance that I had to photograph this assignment no one else was around, so I decided to take the challenge and do a selfie shoot. It was a bit interesting considering the fact that my camera doesn’t have a flip-out screen or a remote shutter release, so I had to estimate where to be in the scene and use a 10-sec. timer to accomplish it! But I think it actually ended up not being that bad!
Then I tried to get the “Now thank WE” aspect another day when two of my sisters and I had a few spare minutes, so used the 10-sec timer again.
I also took some of my sister the other day, so I’m submitting a few different options of that as well. You can see we got some snow between the first shoot and the other shoots! 🙂March 9, 2019 at 1:54 pm #37637March 9, 2019 at 1:57 pm #37642March 9, 2019 at 9:11 pm #37665
blessings capturedParticipantMarch 9, 2019 at 9:16 pm #37676
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.