September 3, 2021 at 12:02 pm #64299LenspirationModerator
• Publisher: Suzanne Shera of Lightlab Etc. is a veteran homeschooler and the author of the book, Lightlab. She has been teaching math and physics to various age groups in the Philadelphia area, and enjoys ministering to the elementary age kids through Sunday School and Lightlab events. She has also served with CEF, AWANA and many Vacation Bible Schools.
• Purpose: Suzanne needs pictures of sceneries to use in her talks and future publications.
• Request: Seeking a picture of mountains, trees, or houses reflected by a pond.
• Special Instructions: Take this picture in the morning or afternoon while the pond is still so that the reflection is clear. Let there be a variety of colors captured, with a background of the sky showing, and possibly the sun and/or clouds.
• Orientation: Horizontal or square
• Photo Specs: Feel free to use any device to take the photo, but make sure it looks high quality on a computer screen and the photos are at least 2000px wide. Edit however you like. No watermarks.
• How to Submit: Members can follow the A, B, C process outlined here. (Instructions for non-members can be viewed here.) You can submit up to 10 photos.
• Remuneration: Lenspiration members will receive $20 if their photo is chosen!
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, September 25, 2021 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
• Other notes from the Publisher: Before taking your photo, worship God as the Creator and Redeemer and pray that He will reveal something new about His creation. I hope you see exceptional beauty.
Watch how I shot this assignment and get related training on how to shoot it yourself at, On Assignment: Awesome Reflection!
Watch the photos submitted for this assignment get critiqued live by registering for the September 28 Photo Coaching Webinar!September 3, 2021 at 12:05 pm #64722James StaddonKeymasterSeptember 13, 2021 at 3:29 pm #64830
I hope to go out again and shoot at a different time of day, and probably also at a different location, but just wanted to post these pics here!
Had to edit a lot of little specks off the surface of the water. They were illuminated by the sun, so it really detracted from the photos.
Enjoyed playing with horizon placement in the photos, some on a third(-ish), some centered. In this scene, I found a centered horizon placement generally seemed to work nicely to capture the symmetry.
Looking forward to seeing everyone’s submissions!September 16, 2021 at 4:44 pm #64874
Hey Y’all! It’s been awhile. We’ve been very busy getting our house on the market, but we all got sick from over doing it so now I have a little time! lol! We live on the water so I might try to get some better ones. My computer screen for some reason is like pink, so I can’t edit it. It would be great if someone will edit it!! Thanks!September 16, 2021 at 4:54 pm #64877
…Well I just realized that my camera is in the storage unit. Can I use a phone or is it not worth it?September 20, 2021 at 2:10 pm #64895
Can I use a phone or is it not worth it?
Yes, you can use a phone, as long as the photos look high quality on a computer screen and are at least 2000px wide, as stated in the assignment details!
My computer screen for some reason is like pink, so I can’t edit it.
Well, that doesn’t sound good! 🙂 Probably would be worth checking into that so you can get it fixed.September 21, 2021 at 9:25 am #64898
Thanks Lydia! I went to storage yesterday and got my camera so and took pictures this morning so I’ll do it a couple of dif mornings and see what I get!September 21, 2021 at 10:17 am #64899James StaddonKeymaster
A note from Suzanne yesterday: “Great work on this project! We are looking forward to the many photos submitted by Lenspiration students :)”September 21, 2021 at 1:11 pm #64907September 23, 2021 at 9:05 pm #64958
Hey, is there any way I can do a few more then 10 pics? I would like to give a few dif choices! I’ve gotten it down to 11 but, I’m going to try again tomorrow. I don’t know what style she wants.September 23, 2021 at 10:43 pm #64959Sarah BeersParticipantSeptember 23, 2021 at 10:46 pm #64962Sarah BeersParticipantSeptember 24, 2021 at 4:47 am #64966Jemima Janse van RensburgParticipant
Hi everyone. I don’t have many places where we live to get a nice reflection, and sadly it’s not save to go out of the yard alone, here in South Africa. So me and my Dad drove to a pond yesterday about 30 minutes from where we live. We got there just before the sun came up. I started taking pictures, but there was just nothing I thought I could use. Just before I decided to leave, some way, some how, I got close to the ground and saw the little church reflecting. There is no way I could have found that reflection on my own. I guess sometimes we just have to ask, and get down on our knees to find what we where searching for:) Have a nice day, and God bless!September 24, 2021 at 11:59 am #64969
@esther, it sure can be a challenge narrowing things down to only 10! Maybe you could screenshot the images you’re thinking of submitting and post that here on the forum? Perhaps folks here could help out by giving thoughts on which ones we think you could eliminate, to help you determine which ones to post with that 10 photo limit in mind!
@sarahb, what incredible colors! So, so pretty.
@jemimajvr, welcome to the forums! Glad to have you on board! Thanks for sharing that story, it’s amazing to hear how you were able to find that shot just at the last minute!September 24, 2021 at 6:37 pm #64974GretaParticipant
Last Sunday, I decided to squeeze in a rushed photo shoot before church, so I only came away with three photos I liked well enough. I decided to submit a fourth photo to hear suggestions on how ya’ll might have framed the photo. My hope was to catch the pumpkin in the reflection, but because of my time restriction, I couldn’t figure out where to place it or how to frame it. I’m interested to hear your thoughts.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.