January 7, 2022 at 12:02 pm #67719
• Publisher: Hope Pregnancy Center
• Purpose: We are a non-profit organization that provides physical, emotional and spiritual support for men and women in unplanned pregnancies. We are fully supported by private donors and churches, and were struggling to find Christmas themed photos for our thank you Christmas greeting card on the graphic design program we use. We found plenty of Santa photos and packages and little red trucks with holly branches, but not many good photos of Luke 2!
• Request: A professional, stock quality image of the Christmas account in silhouette. Either the wise men travelling, or the manger scene with a night sky behind them and the star of Bethlehem.
• Special Instructions: We realize that it is not easy to access authentic Israeli clothing and camels, or a tiny baby! We hoped that the silhouette feature would allow for more creativity using figurines from a manger scene and help achieve a more stock-like quality in your photos. The example images we attached are specifically of the wise men, but again, feel free to photograph the manger scene described in Luke 2. You can even include a stable structure! Whatever the scene is and whatever creative angles you find, it is important that there is space for the words “Merry Christmas” and that the figures are in silhouette. Bonus points if you have a real camel to photograph in silhouette! 🙂 The background can be similar to the example images below or a starry night sky.
• Orientation: Horizontal
• Photo Specs: Highest quality possible, with a minimum of 2000px longest edge.
• How to Submit: Members can follow the A, B, C process outlined here. (Instructions for non-members can be viewed here.) You can submit up to 10 photos.
• Remuneration: The photographer whose photo is chosen as the winner of this assignment will receive one free month of Lenspiration membership!
• Terms: By submitting your photo(s) on this forum, you agree to the terms outlined in the STS Photo Assignment Agreement. Hope Pregnancy Center reserves the right to potentially use any of the submitted photos for other projects in the future.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, January 29, 2022 (or until this topic is no longer highlighted yellow).
Watch how I shot this assignment and learn how to shoot it yourself at, On Assignment: Wisemen Silhouettes!
Watch the photos submitted for this assignment get critiqued live by registering for the February 1 Photo Coaching Webinar!January 7, 2022 at 12:23 pm #68051James StaddonKeymaster
I think this is the most creative photo I have ever taken for an assignment! This is my final photo.
January 10, 2022 at 4:58 pm #68120
- This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by James Staddon.
Does anyone know where to buy wisemen or a nativity scene?January 10, 2022 at 9:13 pm #68122
I’m not sure who it was on the #72 weber was texting me (not really texting just me and her where using the chat box to chat back and forth) I’m pretty sure it was @esther but not totally sure. I was telling you about my cats and I wanted to show you a picture. Well here they’re are!
The black and white one is Boots. In the picture she is laying in are dogs bed even though she has her own she still thinks the dogs beds are hers! 😆
The tabby (with a lot of colors) (you mostly see light brown) is Georgia. She is in her cute, sweet and silly picture mode right after she wakes up! 😆January 10, 2022 at 9:20 pm #68125
Hey!! I did some research and found this Wisemen set. Hope that’s helpful! There’s not much our there I just looked up on google “real looking toy Wiseman and camels” then clicked on shopping. You might be able to chose from some of those! There were some on eBay and other used sites that will be cheaper!January 10, 2022 at 9:30 pm #68126
Awwwwwww!! There soooo cute! Almost wish I could be there to hold them! I love cats so much! My cat just cry’s at me all day! The others in my family think I crazy to love him! 😂😂 The black one has the opposite coloring of my cat. Toby looks like he stuck his paws, tail, nose, and ears in coffee! lol! The rest of him was white. He’s 3 years old and the white is turning gray for some reason! The Tabby looks so proud of himself! I know about my cat not wanting to shar the dog bed! They would fight over it for hours but usually gave up both slept in it for a little while.January 10, 2022 at 9:54 pm #68127
Aww! Your cat sounds so cute!! Most of the time Boots and the dog (Ned) kinda fight! He just lays his head on the side of the bed and wines! Haha but both of the cats are girls.
Thank you for doing some research! I looked at Amazon, Walmart and EBay but couldn’t find anything I guess I was searching the wrong stuff! 😬😆
Good luck @esther !January 11, 2022 at 4:34 pm #68178
Does anyone know where to buy wisemen or a nativity scene?
@pistol-pete, you may want to ask folks you know if anyone has a nativity set you could borrow before purchasing one. A lot of people have them, so chances are you could borrow one for free! 🙂January 11, 2022 at 4:39 pm #68179
Thank you! @lenspirationlydia My mind is just blank for no reason! 😆 silly me!! 🤦🏼♀️January 11, 2022 at 4:50 pm #68180
Here are my photos!
I used a relatively simple setup. A dark living room curtain served as the dark background. The figurines were set on a surface with a black piece of material to prevent any reflections. That gave a nice textured ground. I set them a distance away from the “moon”: my sister held a translucent plastic lid in front of a photography light I had set up.
I didn’t have to do much editing. Pulled back on the shadows and made sure the highlights were bright. I wish I had found a way to create a little bit more depth in the images, they feel a bit flat. Texture in the sky like James got also would have been much better. 🙂
Looking forward to seeing all the creativity I know will come with this assignment! 🙂January 13, 2022 at 9:59 am #68199
I borrow a nativity scene but there are no camels, is that okay?
January 15, 2022 at 12:48 pm #68247
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by James Staddon.
Also does anybody know how to use “Movavi Photo Editer”? It says online how to change the background but the program I downloaded it doesn’t get me the option to change the background.
January 17, 2022 at 10:17 am #68251James StaddonKeymaster
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by James Staddon.
Love the creativity!
I have used Movavi before! Could you…
* Provide the online link that demonstrated how to change the background?
* Is the “option for changing the background” there, but is just grayed out? Could you maybe provide a screenshot of the problem you’re running into there? (If you don’t know how to do screenshots, let us know!)January 17, 2022 at 12:42 pm #68252
Thanks for you help! This is the video how to change a background. Here’s the screen shot too.January 17, 2022 at 1:34 pm #68254Blessings CapturedParticipant
Would the pictures need to have enough white space to allow for being cropped to square? I didn’t know if the primary use of the images was for social media posts.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.