Hot Chocolate

Home Forums Photo Critique Hot Chocolate

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Abbie Camuso 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Some hot chocolate that my mom made for us. Anything I could do to make this photo better?

Attachments:

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Oh wow, That looks delicious! You have a wonderful Mom.
    You could trying to brighten it and increase the contrast a little bit. If you get the chance to photograph it again 🙂 you could try a lower angle and get a shallower depth of focus. I like it with the tablecloth for the background it looks nice and “Christmasy”

Joshua Ong
    Participant

Yes, I agree with @elianafranzenburg regarding a lower angle. That way you can capture the front of the cup together with the hot chocolate. But I realise that a majority of the cream may not be visible from such an angle unless the cream is closer to the brim. By the way, would your mum mind sharing the recipe of that amazing drink?

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@elianafranzenburg and @joshua_ong, If i get another chance, I will do that… Thank you! @joshua_ong, my mom got the recipe from somewhere on the internet.

Abbie Camuso
    Participant

@rmadaris Perhaps using the rule of thirds a bit more? It would be neat to see if you could get the side of the cup too like @joshua_ong mentioned. Also I might try turning the cup so that the handle is pointing in a different direction — perhaps pointing more towards the top left hand corner… I like the tablecloth! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest