Lamppost during the Golden Hour

Home Forums Photo Critique Lamppost during the Golden Hour

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Joshua Ong
    Participant

During the golden hour, I took a picture of a lamppost at the back of my home. Due to the position of the sun, the subject (lamppost) could not be situated on the right of the picture. I’m open to comments regarding composition and editing (I understand that the lens flares could be removed during editing).

Attachments:

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

My initial thought regarding composition is that the little bit of buildings that can be seen at the bottom of the picture is distracting. I think I would either try to position myself so they are not visible altogether, or else include more of them, depending on how picturesque they would be. 🙂

Joshua Ong
    Participant

Thanks Lydia for bringing to light a principle that I had not considered while taking this picture: the elimination of distracting elements. I guess if I had waited for the sun to rise a little higher in the sky, I could have positioned my camera at a lower angle, and thus eliminate the surrounding rooftops.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Good color, fantastic clouds, deliberate sunburst. With a little more intention, this could be a really edgy shot. The lampost facing outward like that on the left edge is awesome. Now, just, is every aspect intentionally placed? You’ve got some really great elements.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest