Mountain Pasture at Sunset

Home Forums Photo Critique Mountain Pasture at Sunset

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

This is a photo I took sometime last year in one of the pastures behind my church. Any thoughts?

RAW (edited in Luminar 2018)
    85mm
    1/160
    f/4
    ISO 100

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

@rmadaris, I think this photo has potential! The clouds are really pretty and you have a clear subject. It’s a shame that the tree and mountain almost seem to blend together, though. Maybe you could have taken a few steps to the right and placed the tree in that valley, so that the tree would be against the sky. And, if you did experiment with a more centred composition, the mountains would act as leading lines drawing you to the tree. Not sure how that would play out in practise, but just an idea!

In post processing, perhaps you’ve saturated it a bit too much, as it’s almost beginning to get that fake HDR look. 🙂 Perhaps you could try adding a bit of clarity as that will really make those clouds pop and the tree stand out a bit more.

Good photo!

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@creative-click-photography, thanks! I’ll try those ideas out and see how they work.

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Love the shape that that tree creates! Yeah, keep going back to that tree. See what separation you can find between it and the background hills. I love how it looks like there’s nothing beyond the edge of the field out there between the hills!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest