Peony and Logo

Home Forums Photo Critique Peony and Logo

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

This is the first peony of the year for us so I took the opportunity to get some shots and this is my favorite.

The lighting is a flash bounced off of the gold side of my 5-in-1 reflector.

Settings:
    ISO 640
    1/20
    f/9
    I brightened it slightly in editing but that is all.

Also I finally got around to making an actual logo! What do ya’ll think of it?

Any critique is welcome!
    Thanks in advance

Attachments:

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

P.S. I purposely went for a darker high contrast look to make it look a little “richer” if that makes sense 🙂

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@elianafranzenburg

The darkness of the leaves doesn’t quite seem to match the lighting on the flower. I might try to bring up shadows a bit more on them in post-processing, although I’m not sure how much you’ll be able to do that without creating too much noise. The photo also doesn’t seem like it’s quite tack sharp.

As far as the logo goes, I would tend to think that having the white oval behind the text of the logo is a bit more eye-catching than what you would want for a watermark. It draws attention away from the picture.

If you’re a member, this video has great tips to think about in creating a watermark or logo. Here are some forum strings on the topic, as well.
    https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/creating-a-professional-watermark/
    https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/crocuses/

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Nice, soft light! And neat idea to bounce off the golden side! I’d say in post, bring up the Whites slider a lot, so it feels contrasty instead of dingy!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest