Pretty Stone?!

Home Forums Photo Critique Pretty Stone?!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

I was having trouble getting a good exposure, but made it work. I would love any advice you could give. 🙂

ISO 800
    1/200
    f/11

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Here is the photo. I don’t know why it didn’t work.

Attachments:

MissyCreations
    Participant

It is very nice, some kind of light is shining on the top it’s kind of distracting and on the side it is a little fuzzy.
    but other then that it is pretty 🙂

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

That’s a pretty stone @elianafranzenburg! What type is it?

You mentioned you where having trouble with your exposure. (I know the feeling! Lol.) Since it’s a stationary object you should be able to position your camera on a tripod or other stable object allowing you to be able to lengthen your shutter speed considerably. Then you could lower your ISO to something more like 100 which would give you a higher quality image. I wouldn’t think you’d need quite a large aperture either – maybe try something more like f/4? I’m not in the situation, but I’d try something like that if I was shooting it. 🙂 Maybe stepping back from your object a tad would help it all to be in tack sharp focus. Nice photo! 🙂

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Thanks for the tips! @creative-click-photography my mom said it’s an amethyst. I re-took the photo using your advice but I started a new forum for it.

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

You’re welcome, @elianafranzenburg! Ahh, I thought it looked like an amethyst. I have one of them too. 🙂

James Staddon
    Keymaster

That’s really pretty! I’d make sure it was evenly lit too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest