Sea of People (ends June 2)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments Sea of People (ends June 2)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    James Staddon
    Keymaster

This week’s assignment is to find and photograph pictures to backdrop the powerpoint of an interesting new hymn I don’t think I’d ever heard of before today! Anyone ever sung Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life before?

Reply to this topic with your submissions!

Assignment details:
    • Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
    • Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint of the hymn Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life
    • Photo Ideas: A photo of a sea of people, a pedestrian-crowded street, or perhaps a lonely person walking down a forlorn alley. No graffiti, but run-down or dirty urban scenes incorporating people could work. No recognizable faces.
    • Photo Specs: Pictures you submit must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
    • How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
    • Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve for the needs of others. Use this as an opportunity to practice with a purpose!
    • Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if they were purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
    • Deadline: Midnight Saturday, June 2, 2018 (or until this topic is closed).

Related video:
    The Power of Brushing – Consider experimenting with brushing while editing your photos to increase local contrast and overall visual appeal.

Photo Critique:
    The photos submitted for this assignment will be critiqued during June’s live Photo Critique Webinar. The webinar is free for members of “The Click”.

Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
    –James

Attachments:
    Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Well, since I live in a town of only about 4,000 people, it’ll be hard, but I’ll do my best to find a crowd wherever I go!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Go you, @rmadaris!

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

I was familiar with this hymn, but didn’t know it very well. 🙂

The first 3 pictures are ones that I took a couple years ago when a few of my siblings and I went to a grand opening of the “Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge” in New Haven. We went because there were going to be some veterans from Pearl Harbor there, so we thought we should take the opportunity to see them in person! That was a neat experience!

And then this week, I went the “lonely person in an alley” route to take a picture for this assignment… I think NYC is about the nearest place that crowds are guaranteed to abound, and I wasn’t going there this week! 😀

Attachments:
    Lydia Bennett
    Participant

Oops I guess one of those didn’t upload. Here it is…

Attachments:
    Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Here are two I got at the Memorial Day service at Chattanooga National Cemetery. These are the only ones I have right now.

Attachments:
    Josiah Waldner
    Participant

Here is one that I pulled out of my archives- I took it at a New Year’s parade in Peurto Rico. I don’t think it is exactly what you had in mind, but though I could give it a try.

Attachments:
    James Staddon
    Keymaster

Thank you, everyone, for your submissions! I think I was able to make the photo by @bennett-family to work!

We had fun critiquing the photos for this assignment in the last webinar too. Anyone who registered for the webinar may re-watch it until the end of the week using the link emailed to them immediately after the webinar.

If you’re a PRO member, you can re-watch it at any time using this link: https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar061218/

Looking forward to the next assignment!

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sea of People (ends June 2)’ is closed to new replies.

Pin It on Pinterest