May 28, 2018 at 9:56 am #31051
This week’s assignment is to find and photograph pictures to backdrop the powerpoint of an interesting new hymn I don’t think I’d ever heard of before today! Anyone ever sung Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life before?
Reply to this topic with your submissions!
• Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
• Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint of the hymn Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life
• Photo Ideas: A photo of a sea of people, a pedestrian-crowded street, or perhaps a lonely person walking down a forlorn alley. No graffiti, but run-down or dirty urban scenes incorporating people could work. No recognizable faces.
• Photo Specs: Pictures you submit must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
• How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 8MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
• Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve for the needs of others. Use this as an opportunity to practice with a purpose!
• Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if they were purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, June 2, 2018 (or until this topic is closed).
The Power of Brushing – Consider experimenting with brushing while editing your photos to increase local contrast and overall visual appeal.
Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
–JamesMay 28, 2018 at 7:26 pm #31057Ryan MadarisParticipant
Well, since I live in a town of only about 4,000 people, it’ll be hard, but I’ll do my best to find a crowd wherever I go!May 31, 2018 at 7:31 pm #31125June 2, 2018 at 12:53 pm #31168Lydia BennettModerator
I was familiar with this hymn, but didn’t know it very well. 🙂
The first 3 pictures are ones that I took a couple years ago when a few of my siblings and I went to a grand opening of the “Pearl Harbor Memorial Bridge” in New Haven. We went because there were going to be some veterans from Pearl Harbor there, so we thought we should take the opportunity to see them in person! That was a neat experience!
And then this week, I went the “lonely person in an alley” route to take a picture for this assignment… I think NYC is about the nearest place that crowds are guaranteed to abound, and I wasn’t going there this week! 😀June 2, 2018 at 12:56 pm #31173Lydia BennettModeratorJune 2, 2018 at 5:29 pm #31177Ryan MadarisParticipantJune 4, 2018 at 6:45 pm #31212Josiah WaldnerParticipantJune 15, 2018 at 3:07 pm #31392
Thank you, everyone, for your submissions! I think I was able to make the photo by @bennett-family to work!
We had fun critiquing the photos for this assignment in the last webinar too. Anyone who registered for the webinar may re-watch it until the end of the week using the link emailed to them immediately after the webinar.
If you’re a PRO member, you can re-watch it at any time using this link: https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar061218/
Looking forward to the next assignment!
The topic ‘Sea of People (ends June 2)’ is closed to new replies.