Sunday Sunset in the Country

Home Forums Photo Critique Sunday Sunset in the Country

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lydia Bennett 1 day, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jamie Parfitt
    Participant

Last Sunday, we went to the Wilkeses’ farm for church after the FEW Conference. Just before we went inside, I decided to snap a few pictures of what was left of the sunset. There wasn’t much light left so my settings were ISO 800, 1/60 shutter, and F5.6. I used a Canon80D. This is one of the pictures that I got before I got too cold and went inside.😂 I mainly wanted the ornamental grass in focus with the silo slihouetted in the background. I used a white balance of “cloudy.” I only briefly edited it for a blog post, so does anybody have any ideas for editing? I took it in RAW for editing purposes. ~ Naomi P. (P.S. How do you use Lightroom to resize the picture as large as possible while still staying within the Forum size limit? The original picture was 8.7 MB, but when I told the export to limit it to 8000K, it made the photo 6.5 MB.)

Attachments:

Jamie Parfitt
    Participant

I see that the picture that I uploaded looks yellower on the website than the original photo on our computer.

Ben Glick
    Participant

Wow Jamie, great composition! and a 5.6 apature that’s really impressive! Good ISO for this kind of lighting, well done sighting in on the plant! And great back ground blur! I don’t think I have any doubts for this at first sight! Well done!

I will take this and look at it in more detail but for the time being! Amazing job!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

I’ve been to the Wilkes’ place many times, and never saw this composition! Very nice. Pleasant colors and proper luminosity “chain of command”. Remind me on the webinar on December 11 and I’ll critique it there: https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-dec-11/ You’re in “The Click” so you should be able to register for free.

Jamie Parfitt
    Participant

I need to clarify that my daughter Naomi took this picture. She put her name in the original post, but it doesn’t stand out. I certainly can’t take pictures that nice! We look forward to seeing it critiqued on the December 11 webinar. Thanks for the encouraging remarks so far!

James Staddon
    Keymaster

In case you missed the webinar or want to watch the critique of your photo again, here’s a replay link! https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar121118/

Jamie Parfitt
    Participant

Hey James, We DID watch! We tried to reply, but it said we had to make a channel. I also emailed you twice, but I don’t think you have received that yet. Thanks for the tips for Naomi. We replied that the grassy bush (or bushy grass) was actually as tall as the van, so there was no getting higher, though that sounds like the best improvement. We enjoyed the critique, and I have put the next one on my calendar.

Mrs. Parfitt for the Parfitt Ladies

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@momparfitt

We tried to reply, but it said we had to make a channel.

I had difficulties with the chat my first webinar or two as well, but I’ve found that if I’m logged into Lenspiration and my google account, it works. I also hop over and watch it on YouTube because the way it’s set up there is easier for me to see the video and chat at the same time. I don’t know if that would help you or not, but it works for me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest