Sunset in the Country

Home Forums Photo Critique Sunset in the Country

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ben Glick
    Participant

This is a photo that I took on a walk one day during an awesome sunset. I really liked this photo out of the few I took, so I took it into editing and worked around with it some. I came up with this as an end result, just curious to see what other people like/dislike about it. 🙂

F-Stop: F5.6
    Aperture: F5.7
    Focal Length: 18.0 mm
    Shutter Speed: 1/32 s
    Exposure Time: 1/30 s
    Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
    ISO Speed Rating: 800
    White Balance: Auto
    Flash: No, compulsory
    Exposure Program: Landscape mode

Attachments:

Silas Wood
    Participant

Hi @ryanben2
    some things I would try doing better next time is I would maybe take a step to the right so you would be in the middle of the road and maybe focusing in the middle of the photo so that the hill and road are a little in focus Or maybe it looks like you may have used the blur tool? these are just my thoughts you don’t have to do any of them.
    I don’t what you were aiming for when you took the picture.

Hope this makes sense 😬

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Very nice sunset, indeed, @ryanben2! Jump in on the webinar tonight, let me know you’re on, and I’ll critique your photo in more detail! https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-jan-15/

James Staddon
    Keymaster

So, I didn’t have as much time to spend on the critique of this photo as I would have liked on the webinar last night (https://www.lenspiration.com/video/webinar011519/), but basically, what I wanted to say about it is that though the image itself is not technically attractive, it’s authenticity is what is attractive. I think that is why I like it. It’s a hard style to pull off but somehow you’ve done it here.

Of course there are the technical things that should be attended to, like the hard, vertical line through the center of the sky, and the obvious transition where the blur has been added in post processing, but those are details that don’t play much in the overall feeling of the image.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest