Washington Monument

Home Forums Photo Critique Washington Monument

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Joseph Camuso 3 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Joseph Camuso
    Participant

I took this picture with a Nikon D5300 in Washington DC.
    Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Thanks!

P.S. I’m not quite sure why there appears to be a shadow behind the upper right of the monument. Maybe someone else has some input on that?

Attachments:

Lewis Family
    Participant

Beautiful picture, especially the coloring. I’m not sure what shadowing you are referring to, but if it is the very slightly shaded area along the whole right side, then I too am clueless. Regardless, what I do know is that the monument is just enough off vertical be to noticeable. Fix that, and I think you’ve got a winner.

Sarah Lewis
    Participant

Good job. A really good pic’!

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@joseph, the color is very vibrant! The shadow is most likely something that has to do with the editing, or if you used a filter, perhaps it was that. Another thing is, the monument needs a to be straightened a bit in editing, too. Great job!!!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Ryan Madaris.

Joseph Camuso
    Participant

Hey everyone, Thanks for your comments!
    @vince and @rmadaris, that’s a great idea to straighten it. Here it is straightened.
    @rmadaris, I know it wasn’t caused by editing, because the the shadow is in the original. There was a certain setting I was using when I shot it that I can’t remember (it may have been bracketing), but that may be what caused it.

Attachments:

David Frazer
    Participant

If you shot it with the built-in HDR function, that could be what is causing the shadow. It could also be jpg compression artefacts – I am seeing quite a bit of banding throughout the sky. Did you shoot it in raw or jpg?

Joseph Camuso
    Participant

@dfrazer, now that you mentioned it, I believe that I did use the built-in HDR. It was shot in JPG.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest