2 Corinthians 5:17,21 VPO: New Life (ends October 23)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve 2 Corinthians 5:17,21 VPO: New Life (ends October 23)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  James Staddon 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Benjamin Holmes

Good Morning Lenspiration!

This week, we need photos that fit 2 Corinthians 5:17, 21:

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new… For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Your submitted photos will be used as a background to the verse as part of our VersePics Ministry, and in this VPO, while it is kind of a difficult thing to ask for in the Fall, but I would love some photos of “new” life… This could be young or new animals, plants, or even people! I don’t want to more specific than that, as it is Fall and I want to be realistic in not alienating all options! You may already need to look into your libraries rather than shoot for this occasion…

This VP is going to be very special to us, so I’m looking for the very best that you have! 🙂

Full details on submission rules, the RAW submission link (the DFR), what the images will be used for, and everything else will be found here.

Thank you for your support in this ministry!

Ben
    Sharpening Character’s VersePic Director

As a recap:
    Request: A photo to backdrop 2 Corinthians 5:17,21
    Photo ideas: New Life
    Deadline: 23rd of October, Midnight

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Here is the photo I submitted to the DFR link.

Hope you like it.

Attachments:

photog_love
    Participant

I’m going to try and attach a few pictures – JPEG only.
    I pulled these out of my past photos, but I think they apply as new plant life.
    Thanks for the opportunity!

Attachments:

photog_love
    Participant

A couple more…

Attachments:

photog_love
    Participant

And a couple more… 🙂

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Very nice, thanks for participating @photog_love!

On a logistical note, did it only allow you to upload 2 photos at a time?

Frazer Family
    Participant

Now this is my field! I love shooting baby animals and do quite a bit of it, though I’m certainly not a professional at it yet. Just which ones of my hundreds of photos should I submit…? 🙂

On a logistical note, does it only allow you to upload 2 photos at a time?

That’s all it will allow me to submit at a time (unless I trick it).

@bensharpeningcharacter, if you end up wanting one of them, I can send the RAW file.

Attachments:

Gabriel Cleator
    Participant

I appreciate the idea of the verse pics as I believe it’s helpful for folks to keep the Lord’s Word before their face and meditate on it. I haven’t submitted pictures for this before but these verses in 2 Corinthians 5 have meant so much to me that I thought I would submit some pictures.

The first picture was one that I took years ago before I really knew much of anything about photography (I borrowed someone’s camera to take the picture.) I actually took the picture with verse 17 of 2 Corinthians 5 in mind. The picture is of an empty cocoon and you can see a butterfly “flying” away in the background. The cocoon is not in as sharp focus as I would like but when I was taking this shot I knew very little about photography and I still have a lot to learn.

The cocoon pictures old things being passed away and the butterfly pictures all things being new. The butterfly is not really an improved catapulter but rather it is a new creature. It’s the same way for us as believers. God’s goal is not to improve us or make us better but rather His desire is to take us by way of the cross and make us brand new! We become the righteousness of God IN Him! Hallelujah!

The other picture was one I took as I walked by a cornfield in Gettysburg. The stalks were harvested and the field had a bunch of broken brown stalks. But then in this brown field there was these bright yellow corn kernels which represented the new life that would come in the spring after the kernels fall into the ground and die. The stark contrast between the yellow corn and the brown dirt caught my eye and so I snapped a picture of it. I also thought the little green plant that appears to be sprouting in the background pictures new life. The way to new life for the believer is through death.

Thank you all for using photography to help people mediate on the Word!

Attachments:

Benjamin Holmes

Fantastic submissions coming in, and it’s always great to see some “new” faces submitting! 😉 And yes, those baby animals and bunnies are TOO cute! 😄 Two or three days left till the deadline, depending on how you look at it, and I’m already really looking forward to creating this VP!

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Here are some more photos I found. I only have jpegs

Attachments:

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Another.

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Sorry too big, Here it is.

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Hope this works!

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Wow, fantastic submissions! I ran across this subject the other day, and inspired by @rejoiceevermore‘s photo, decided I’d pull out my phone (the only camera I had on me) and snap a similar concept image of my own.

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

If I’ve converted from Australian time to American time correctly, I think I can still enter! 🙂 Hopefully I’m not to late.

It’s spring here, so it’s the perfect time to shoot pictures for this verse! I thought blossoms would be a good subject as they symbolise new life. I don’t know if a lot of my pictures will work for a verse in the centre but, as you’re a graphic designer you might see something that I can’t. 🙂

I also took a picture of seeds. I thought that might work, too. Anyway, here are some of the pictures I submitted via Dropbox.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest