Duckling

Home Forums Photo Critique Duckling

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Madaris
    Participant

This is one of the ducklings that we recently got for the ‘farm’. 🙂 Any ideas?

50mm
    f/2.8
    1/640
    ISO 100

Edited in Luminar

Attachments:
    Josiah Waldner
    Participant

Very cute! The composition is great, the exposure is really good too- but I would try to focus on the eye of the duckling. It is a tad out of focus, and distracts from a otherwise great image.

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@josiahw, thank you!

Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@rmadaris, I love this picture – that duckling is soo cute! If possible, I think I’d try to edit out the stem & head of the flower that goes up behind its beak, it’s slightly distracting.

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Too cute, @rmadaris! If the duckling was tack sharp this image would be amazing! Mind you I know how hard it is to get ducklings to stand still – years ago I tried to take a picture of a duckling in some purple flowers. I managed eventually! 😉

In post processing you could remove the bit of mud on its beak. Also, because the orange flowers are so bright and ever so slightly distracting, you could try doing a bit of a vignette to make the flowers darker and your focus going straight to the duckling. But I haven’t tried it, so it might be a horrid idea. . . 🙂

Great pic!

Ernie Pratt
    Participant

Nice shot. Just to add a thought to the other posts, maybe a little cropping on the right side. The orange flowers are a bit distracting.
    getting sharp pictures of animals is hard. Good job.

blessings captured
    Participant

If you use a narrower aperture it probably would have been easier to get the whole duck in focus. But that is a cute picture! I’ll have to remember that “pose” when we get chicks.

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Thanks everyone! Here’s the edited version with the mud and flowers behind the duckling’s head removed.

Attachments:
    Lydia Bennett
    Participant

@rmadaris, that looks nice! I love how the flowers on the right frame the duckling’s beak.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest