Glowing Sunlight (ends December 11)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Glowing Sunlight (ends December 11)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Caitlin Compton 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Ok, everyone, here’s the next assignment! Can you go out and photograph (or find from your portfolio) a picture that illustrates the hymn, Christ Liveth in Me?

As rays of light from yonder sun
    The flow’rs of earth set free,
    So life and light and love came forth
    From Christ living in me.

Reply to this topic with your submissions!

Assignment details:
    • Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
    • Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint for the hymn, Christ Liveth in Me.
    • Request: A picture that you think illustrates this hymn. Meditate on the complete lyrics. Suggestions include bright subjects photographed in high-key, backlit settings.
    • Image Specs: Pictures must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
    • How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
    • Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve.
    • Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if it was purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
    • Deadline: Midnight Saturday, December 11, 2017 (extended by two days)

Related training video:
    The Glowy Effect, how to artistically harness lens flare.

Winning photo:
    The winning photo for this assignment will be announced on the live webinar on Tuesday, December 12 at 7pm ET. Registration available here. The $19 registration fee for this event may be bypassed by using the secret link sent at an arbitrary time before the webinar to those who are subscribed to “Photo Assignments” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe.

Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
    –James

James Staddon
    Keymaster

These are sort of the kind of pictures I’m looking for. Watch the “Related training video” above to learn how these sort of shots are taken.

Attachments:

Modesty Lyman
    Participant

Do you have to be a pro-member to participate in the “Shoot to Serve” opportunities?

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

This is the closest I could find.

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

Hi @modestyl! 🙂

No, you don’t have to be a pro-member to participate in Shoot to Serve. Often for the paying opportunities (this one isn’t!) there’ll be a different payment amount for the Pro members and non-pro members.

Modesty Lyman
    Participant

Modesty Lyman
    Participant

Found these two from a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments:

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Here are a few I’ve taken in the last year.

Attachments:

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

And another… Not sure if these are exactly what you’re looking for or not.

Attachments:

Caitlin Compton
    Participant

I ran out of time to try and shoot the ‘glowy effect’, 🙂 but I found this photo of bokeh in my portfolio. I know it’s probably not exactly what you’re after, but it’s the best I came up with!

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest