- December 4, 2017 at 12:57 pm #27415
Ok, everyone, here’s the next assignment! Can you go out and photograph (or find from your portfolio) a picture that illustrates the hymn, Christ Liveth in Me?
As rays of light from yonder sun
The flow’rs of earth set free,
So life and light and love came forth
From Christ living in me.
Reply to this topic with your submissions!
• Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
• Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint for the hymn, Christ Liveth in Me.
• Request: A picture that you think illustrates this hymn. Meditate on the complete lyrics. Suggestions include bright subjects photographed in high-key, backlit settings.
• Image Specs: Pictures must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
• How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
• Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve.
• Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if it was purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
• Deadline: Midnight Saturday, December 11, 2017 (extended by two days)
Related training video:
The Glowy Effect, how to artistically harness lens flare.
The winning photo for this assignment will be announced on the live webinar on Tuesday, December 12 at 7pm ET. Registration available here. The $19 registration fee for this event may be bypassed by using the secret link sent at an arbitrary time before the webinar to those who are subscribed to “Photo Assignments” at http://www.lenspiration.com/subscribe.
Can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions!
December 4, 2017 at 1:05 pm #27416December 4, 2017 at 3:41 pm #27435
- This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by James Staddon.
Do you have to be a pro-member to participate in the “Shoot to Serve” opportunities?December 6, 2017 at 1:14 pm #27521
Eliana FranzenburgParticipantDecember 6, 2017 at 4:33 pm #27553
Hi @modestyl! 🙂
No, you don’t have to be a pro-member to participate in Shoot to Serve. Often for the paying opportunities (this one isn’t!) there’ll be a different payment amount for the Pro members and non-pro members.December 6, 2017 at 6:39 pm #27570December 6, 2017 at 6:43 pm #27571December 10, 2017 at 9:22 pm #27696
Ryan MadarisParticipantDecember 10, 2017 at 9:26 pm #27700
Ryan MadarisParticipantDecember 11, 2017 at 4:24 pm #27726
I ran out of time to try and shoot the ‘glowy effect’, 🙂 but I found this photo of bokeh in my portfolio. I know it’s probably not exactly what you’re after, but it’s the best I came up with!
December 12, 2017 at 3:46 pm #27749
- This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Caitlin Compton.
Thank you for the submissions, everyone!
As always, it was difficult to narrow it down to one. I tried each submission, chose the one that fits best, and will announce the winner during tonight’s webinar! (https://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-dec-12/) I’ll also make a special announcement about my thoughts on some of the other submissions which I think you’ll be really, really happy about. 🙂
The secret free registration link has already been sent out, so if you were subscribed to “Photo Assignments”, then you can go try to find it in your inbox…
See you at 7pm (ET)!December 13, 2017 at 4:32 pm #27807
Well, this assignment is officially closed!
Your participation has been a real blessing to those who were needing the picture. Even if your photo wasn’t chosen, doesn’t it feel good to be part of a group of photographers who enjoy serving others?!
If you missed the webinar (and want to find out who won the assignment!) or just want to re-watch it, anyone who registered for the webinar may re-watch it for a very limited amount of time using the link emailed to them immediately after the webinar. And of course, if you’re a PRO member, you can watch the replay below anytime you want:
The topic ‘Glowing Sunlight (ends December 11)’ is closed to new replies.