Lavender

Home Forums Photo Critique Lavender

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Morgan Giesbrecht 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Logan Lamar
    Participant

Hey everyone!
    Here is a photo of someone’s lavender plant that was next to the sidewalk during one of my occasional walks with my camera.

I shot it in RAW+JPEG (I’ll pat myself on the back; I’m slowly coming out of JPEG shooting), and edited the RAW file in Luminar 2018.

What say y’all?

Canon EOS 60D
    Canon EF 50mm 1.8 STM
    f/2.8, 1/200, ISO 100

See screenshots for the adjustments made in Luminar.

Thanks,
    Logan

Attachments:

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

That is a beautiful photo!
    Great job getting a nice purple color. One thing I might change is to move to the right a tiny bit the the two sprigs of lavender are closer together. as they are right now it kinda feels like you have to chose which sprig you look at.

Morgan Giesbrecht
    Participant

Wow, stunning shot!
    In terms of editing, colouring, and the overall feeling, I think you nailed it.
    I would agree with @elianafranzenburg about moving to the right a bit to even out the spacing. Another thing is the main sprig on the left. You’ve got another sprig in the background crossing over the stem towards the bottom…that’s something @jamesstaddon caught on one of my photos. I’m not a proficient editor so I don’t know if you could fix that or not.
    Overall, fantastic shot!

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Beautiful job! I’m slowly coming out of the JPEG shooting as well, now that I have Luminar. 🙂 The main things that I see are the lavender sprig sticking out of the frame in the upper right corner, and the sprig in the background crossing behind the stem of the left-most flower. Awesome shot!

Logan Lamar
    Participant

Hey @elianafranzenburg, @rmadaris, and @morganwritergmail-com!
    Thanks for your input! I entered this picture into my county fair right before I submitted here (we’ll see how it does). They needed an 8×10, and so I was able to take care of the sprigs being too close together earlier by cropping them out altogether. As for the other sprig crossing over the main sprig… that’s going to take a whole lot more work and patience than I’ve got in me to edit that out without it looking unnatural 🙂 .

Attachments:

Morgan Giesbrecht
    Participant

Wow, I really like this edit! Making it vertical and eliminating the competing sprigs on the side really made a difference! Great work!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest