lunar eclipse

Home Forums Photo Critique lunar eclipse

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LukeVrable 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Silas Wood
    Participant

Hi
    last night there was a lunar eclipse and so I took some pictures and was wondering what you thought about one of them

camera – canon t3i
    Aperture – f/11
    Shutter Speed – 2.5 sec
    ISO – 800
    Focal Length – 300mm

I did remove some noise in photoshop but that is it

Attachments:

James Staddon
    Keymaster

Wow, that is so red! In general, because the moon is moving, I think 2.5sec for a shutter speed is a little long for maximum sharpness. I’ve heard some folks say 1/125sec is standard, but I understand that probably wouldn’t work for you here. I’d try to get the shutter speed fast than 2.5sec though, maybe my bringing my aperture down to 5.6 or something.

Silas Wood
    Participant

ok thanks @jamesstaddon
    when I searched online on how to photography a lunar eclipse it said to use a Shutter Speed of 25 sec but when I took the pic at that speed it was horrible so I went back to the site then thought that maybe there was a tipo so I used a Shutter Speed of 2.5
    so maybe there was another tipo
    any way thanks for the info🙂😀

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Silas, great job! I would have used a quicker shutter speed, and a wider aperture, but other than that, awesome job!

LukeVrable
    Participant

That’s interesting that your picture turned out blurry. I took a similar shot with an exposure of 3 sec, iso 400, and f/7.1. it still seemed to turn out pretty clear. perhaps there was some tripod shake? if you tripped the shutter without a remote, that may have been part of it. here is the shot I got.

LukeVrable
    Participant

hhmmmm……I cant seem to upload the photo. bad internet. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Create an Account!

Pin It on Pinterest