Pure and Clean (ends March 10)

Home Forums Shoot to Serve Photo Assignments Pure and Clean (ends March 10)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    James Staddon
    Keymaster

This assignment is a little more abstract, but do your best to photograph (or pull from your portfolio) a picture that portrays the idea of “purity and cleanliness” to illustrate the lyrics in the hymn Nothing Between!

Reply to this topic with your submissions!

Assignment details:
    • Requester: IBLP Family Conferences
    • Purpose: To be used as a background image for a powerpoint of the hymn Nothing Between
    • Request: A photo that portrays the idea of purity, cleanliness, and no blemishes. Perhaps bright and dreamy textures, an uncluttered pathway, or a spotless lamb or garment. Meditate on the lyrics of Nothing Between to come up with your own ideas!
    • Image Specs: Pictures you submit must be at least 3000 pixels longest edge. Edit however you like. Please, no watermarks.
    • How to Submit: Attach JPGs less than 2MB in size in reply to this topic. (Learn to downsize JPGs appropriately in this video.)
    • Remuneration: Your submissions are a tangible gift to a non-profit, Christian ministry. A real opportunity to shoot to serve for the needs of others. Use this as an opportunity to practice with a purpose!
    • Terms: Chosen submissions will be used as if they were purchased under a Royalty Free license. You continue to retain full rights to your image.
    • Deadline: Midnight Saturday, March 10, 2018 (or until this topic is closed).

Photo Critique:
    The photos submitted for this assignment will be critiqued in March’s live Photo Critique Webinar on Tuesday, March 13th at 7pm ET. You can register at http://www.lenspiration.com/photo-critique-with-lenspiration-mar-13/. PRO members can register for free at http://www.lenspiration.com/promember.

Related training video:
    Perhaps using the technique in the video Directing the Eye Using Overexposure could help create a greater impression of purity in your submissions.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
    –James

Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Here’s the best photo I currently have. I may be able to come up with a few more in time.

Attachments:
    Hannah Moore
    Participant

Here are some water drop pictures!! 🙂

Attachments:
    Sarah Lewis
    Participant

Those are really cool Hannah. How in the world did you do it? Thanks.

Marie-Pier Rhéaume
    Participant

Here are my submissions!

Attachments:
    Ryan Madaris
    Participant

@hannahm, Wow! I know this is kinda off the point, but how did you take those? (lens choice, camera settings, etc.)

Eliana Franzenburg
    Participant

Here are a few I think fit the bill!

Attachments:
    MissyCreations
    Participant

Here might be some.

Attachments:
    Peanut
    Participant

Here is what I have for now, but will try to get more!

Attachments:
    Hannah Moore
    Participant

Hi, @Sarah and @ryan, Actually, It took me about 6 months to get that particular picture with trial and error. It wasn’t a quick take!!
    Here is a pictures of the set up, and BTW, I did not have the lap top on when I took it!! 🙂 I’ll try to tell you all the settings.
    Taken in manual
    The lens I believe was a 52mm lens
    Aperture F\11
    shutter speed 1\120
    ISO 200
    The flash settings, I only know by seeing it in the picture!! 🙂
    There is a whole topic about how to do it all, though I just went through to look for it and couldn’t find it. But if I find the topic, I’ll let you know.
    Let me know if you have any other questions!!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Hannah Moore.
    Attachments:
    MissyCreations
    Participant

@hannahm That’s so cool. I was trying to get some water shots the other day but they didn’t work so well. 🙁 :)Thanks for the idea.

Sarah Lewis
    Participant

I need to stop accidently posting things on my sister’s account. The above was me! 🙂 lol

Sarah Lewis
    Participant

This might be an idea?

Attachments:
    Ryan Madaris
    Participant

Here are a few more. Spring seems to have come early here in Georgia, and I got some photos of these flowers a few days ago.

Attachments:
    Ezra Morley

There is a whole topic about how to do it all, though I just went through to look for it and couldn’t find it. But if I find the topic, I’ll let you know.

@hannahm, is this what you’re referring to? 🙂

https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/drop-of-water/
    https://www.lenspiration.com/forums/topic/high-speed-water-drop-photography/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Pure and Clean (ends March 10)’ is closed to new replies.

Pin It on Pinterest