Great Gray Owl

Home Forums Photo Critique Great Gray Owl

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Hancock 5 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Austin Vinar

Does anyone have thoughts on these pictures?

Ryan Madaris

Wonderful job! I would like to see the second image in black and white. The main thing I would do is adjust the composition in the second photo. Maybe have the owl in the middle of the image? When it’s at the top, you kind of have to look around for the owl’s head, which should be the main subject.

I really love the bright yellow eyes!

Caitlin Compton

Wow! I really love these pictures, @austinvinar They look so crisp & clean and look at those yellow eyes. What an amazing Creator we serve! 🙂

There’s only one thing that I could think of. You’re so close to using the rule of thirds in the first image. The head is almost spot on on the 2 intersecting lines in the top right corner of the grid. I thought that if you cropped it just a bit to get it exactly in the right spot it would look more balanced. Also, with the second image the owl is almost in the middle, but again it’s just a tad off. If you could just centre it, then I think they’d be perfect! Amazing shots! 🙂

Austin Vinar

I don’t always use the rule of thirds. I see it more as a suggestion than a rule. But thanks for the thoughts, It helps me think through my compositions.

Daniel Hancock

Nice job Austin! I have not done much bird photography but know it can be a real challenge getting a clear view without any sticks in the way!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would you like to participate?

Join for FREE!

Pin It on Pinterest